Head, Industrial Applications, Transport & Waste Management Section (IATWMS)
Radiological Safety Division
Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
Mumbai – 400 094 (INDIA)
Please note about the recent recent incident of radiation injury and lesson to learn from the incident during Radiography Inspection.
- An UNTRAINED worker was engaged by a company to use Radiography Camera having 30 Ci of Ir-192 Source.
- The person was neither radiographer nor trainee, so no knowledge of radiation safety.
- NO TLD badges / NO SURVEY METER / NO POCKET DOSIMETER was given to the worker.
- The pigtail along with the radioactive source was decoupled in the guide tube.
- The worker noticed it only when he removed guide tube for storage o…