48th National Metallurgist's Day & 64th Annual technical meeting - Indian Institute of Metals, Kolkata, India


The 48th National Metallurgists day (NMD) and 64th Annual Technical Meeting (ATM) of The Indian Institute of Metal (I I M) will be held within The campus of Indian of science (I I S C) Bangalore, Indian during 14-16 November 2010. The events are b being  jointly organized by the Bangalore Chapter of Indian Institute of Metals (I I M) and Department of Materials Engineering, I I Sc in association with the I I M Chapter at Surathkal and Vijayanagar.

 48th National Metallurgists Day celebrations will be held on 14 November 2010 under the aegis of Government of India, Ministry of steel to honour distinguished metallurgists of India for their contribution to the field of metallurgical education, research and industry including environmental issues. The NMD 2010 Awards will also be presented during NMD celebrations. The Institute recognizes and rewards outstanding contributions from metallurgists, material scientists, professionals, researchers, teachers and students in specific areas of specialization.The I I M 2010 Honours and Awards will be given away on 14th November 2010.

64th Annual Technical Meeting will be held on 15-16 November. scope of the meeting includes experiments, theory and modeling in all aspects of the materials processing-property-performance paradigm. It organized into plenary talks followed by invited and contributed presentations (oral and poster) in eight parallel symposia. The themes for the symposia are:

*Alloy Design and physical Metallurgy
*Materials processing
*Iron and steel Making
*Non-ferrous process Metallurgy and mineral processing
*Light Materials
*Functional Materials
*Environment and Materials Degradation
*Materials for Energy
*The meeting will also feature special student sessions and Metallography contest.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

Authors are invited to submit short abstracts (150 words) for oral and poster presentations in the eight parallel symposia. The template for the abstract for the conference website. Online submission of abstracts will open 15june 2010. The last date of submission is 15 August 2010.     

Popular posts from this blog

NDT Job Vacancies in Mumbai, India for NDT Level II freshers

Welding Codes and Standards